Game Of Thrones Hairstyle Tutorial
Scroll down to learn 3 easy Game of Thrones breezy braids that everyone can do at home.
3 Daenerys Targaryen looks
The double dutch lace braided half up style
- Make sure you leave out some face framing layers, then pick up a section close to your part on one side, divide it into 3 strands and start crossing the outer strands under the middle one.
- Add in new sections to the braid only from the top, meaning when you cross the outer strand from the top, add new hair into it from the part. When you cross the strand from the bottom, just continue without adding in any new hair.
- Once you reach the middle in the back, secure that braid with a clip and repeat the same process on the other side. Then tie both braids with a clear elastic.
- Take a small piece of the ponytail and wrap it around the base, then tie another elastic just below the wrap. You can use a bobby pin to secure it if you prefer.
- Repeat the same process below, that is make dutch lace braids below the first ones and tie them together in the back. You might want to add in new hair from the bottom as well, just a few times, right above your ears.
With extensions it can get tricky not to uncover the clips as you add in hair to the braids. Use mirrors to control the process but don’t despair if some clips are showing through. The original Khaleesi braids in this hairstyle are tight, but if you are using extensions it’s better to pull the braids out and make them fuller. They will then cover the clips much better. You can also use bobby pins to secure the braid exactly where you want it and make sure the clips don’t pop out anywhere.
The double braid
- The beginning is the same as in the first hairstyle (except in this one she doesn’t have face framing layers out). Instead of tying both braids in the back, combine them and divide that hair into three strands and braid a normal 3 strand braid down and tie it off with an elastic.
- For the braids below, it’s up to you if you want to do dutch lace braids as above (adding in new hair only from the top) or dutch braids where you also add in hair from the bottom. Only now, when you reach the middle, stop adding in new hair and continue to braid a normal 3 strand braid all the way down and secure it with an elastic.
- Do the same on the other side, but leave out a thin strand of hair out of the braids.
- Use that strand to weave through both braids poking your fingers through one of the loopholes in the braid and pulling the strand through. You do the same in the other braid and then repeat a couple of times down alternating between the braids. Do this all the way down or until you feel the braids are secured tightly together and secure everything with one elastic at the bottom (make sure to also secure the thin strand of hair). That way it will appear as one multi strand braid.
The original hairstyle is much tighter than mine, again, because I wanted to cover the extensions with more ease. It’s also a good way to make your hair appear fuller and much thicker than it is,
The Khaleesi rope braids
- Leave out face framing layers. Starting on one side, pick up some hair close to the parting and divide into two strands.
- Start crossing the lower strand over the top one in the direction away from your face and then twist that strand in opposite direction. Keep doing that every time you cross a strand over to keep the braid tighter.
- Add in new hair only to the lower strand every time before crossing over. However grab the hair also from the top, as well as a little bit from the hairline. That will keep the braid higher up, as she has.
- Once you reach the back, keep twisting both strands together while you twist each strand separately in the opposite direction. That will keep it from unraveling. Secure the twist with an elastic and repeat the same process on the other side.
If after you finish the hairstyle you still see some of your shorter hair pieces not blending well with the extensions, try taking that piece along with a piece of the extensions and curl that together using a curling wand. It will then sort of melt together and blend much better.